May 28, 2010

Meals for a Month – May

I’m still loving my month-at-a-time meal planning. Like with any planning, it has saved me a bundle of time. But doing it for a month seems to save me even more time.

Once I plan my menu, I lay out a grocery list for the needed items each week. Recipes requiring special, more pricey ingredients, I plan to have at the end of the month so I can hopefully find what I need when it’s on sale.

Then, I schedule a cooking plan of meals I can make ahead, double the recipe, and freeze.

After that, it’s sit back and relax time. I love that!

Here’s what May shaped up to be:

  1. Out of town
  2. Out of town
  3. Out of town
  4. Chicken | Asparagus Casserole
  5. Spaghetti, Salad, Focaccia 
  6. OUT – Birthday dinner!
  7. Pizza, Green Smoothies
  8. Cilantro Chicken, Rice, Corn Casserole
  9. Tacos
  10. Turkey Loin, Veggies
  11. BLT Pasta (I used orzo instead and topped with croutons baked in bacon fat – Yum!), Applesauce
  12. Spaghetti, Salad, Focaccia 
  13. Rotisserie Chicken, roasted potatoes, veggies
  14. Pizza, fruit
  15. OUT – Birthday picnic – Curried Tuna Wraps – YUM!
  16. Dinner with friends
  17. Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, homemade buns, leftover salad
  18. Spaghetti, Salad, Focaccia 
  19. Asian chicken, rice, stir-fried veggies
  20. Tuna medallions, guacamole
  21. Pizza, fruit
  22. Leftovers
  23. Tacos
  24. Crab legs, garlic mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach
  25. Chicken | Asparagus Casserole
  26. Steak, veggies
  27. Spaghetti, Salad, Focaccia 
  28. Pizza, fruit, leftovers
  29. Out
  30. Out
  31. Out – Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

  1. I can only hope one day I'll be able to work up to doing a whole month at a time. Those curried tuna wraps look amazing, thanks! I do enjoy looking at yours to get new ideas...

    ReplyDelete